Scott Patton PC helps companies solve a wide array of workplace-related problems. We have represented organizations nationwide, including national health care companies, small local businesses, and Fortune 500 companies. Our primary function and goal is to eliminate problems before they arise in an effort to avoid expensive litigation.
Scott Patton PC provides a broad spectrum of services ranging from preventative advice, employee training programs, and representation of employers in state and federal court proceedings and arbitrations. We also have experience representing employers in Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) collective action litigation.
Examples of areas routinely handled by us include:
- Develop Internal Employment Policies and Procedures Including Employee Handbooks
- Negotiate and Draft Employment, Non-Compete, and Confidentiality Agreements
- Assist with Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and Texas Workforce Commissions Charges of Discrimination and Litigation
- Develop Strategies for Implementing Workforce Reduction
- Assist with Employee Benefits and Pension Plans
- Design Alternative Dispute Resolution Programs and Defense of ADR Claims
- Assist with Wage and Hour Compliance
- Advise Managers and Human Resource Personnel on Employment Law Compliance, Including HIPAA Privacy Requirements
- Assist with Unemployment Benefits
- Develop Affirmative Action Plans and Statistical Analyses of Workforces
- Assist with Planning or Conducting Internal Investigations
- Develop and Provide Custom Employee Training Programs
- Assist in Developing Methods to Assist with Workplace Privacy and Data Security
- Analysis of Requests for Accommodations of Disabilities
- Assist with Workplace Health and Safety Inspections and Compliance
LITIGATION OF EMPLOYMENT CLAIMS
- Wrongful Discharge and Other Employment Tort Litigation
- Employment At-Will Doctrine
- Discrimination, Retaliation, Harassment, and Hostile Work Environment Claims
- Unfair Competition and Trade Secret Misappropriation
- Covenants Not To Compete
- Whistleblower Allegations and Sabine Pilot Claims
- Wage and Hour Litigation
- Allegations of Failure to Reasonably Accommodate Disabilities
- Equal Pay Act Claims
- Allegations of Age Discrimination
- Allegations of OSHA Violations
Scott Patton PC handles claims before state, federal, and local agencies, such as the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the National Labor Relations Board, the United States Department of Labor, the Texas Workforce Commissions, and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration.
Here at Scott Patton PC we are committed to providing aggressive and cost-effective representation. We make early assessments of potential liability, work closely with management to weigh the principles at stake in each case against the cost of defending them, and carefully consider the feasibility of alternative dispute resolution.